12pcs Authentic Olympic Postcards
Images of Peloponnisos Region – Series I
The 2004 Summer Olympic Games, officially known as the Games of the XXVIII Olympiad and commonly known as Athens 2004, was a premier international multi-sport event held in Athens, Greece, from 13 to 29 August 2004 with the motto Welcome Home.
Images of Peloponnisos Region:
The Peloponnese is a land with an ancient history, enchanting myths and a living tradition, with legendary acropoleis, Medieval castles and Byzantine cities. It is the cradle of Mycenean civilisation and the birthplace of the Olympic Games and the Olympic Flame.
The Peloponnese is also a land of stunning natural beauty, fascinating artistic and cultural monuments, and towns field with history. The Peloponnesian town of Patras is the third largest city in Greece and an Olympic CIty of the 2004 Olympic Games. Olympic football preliminary matches will take place here.
The package includes 12 Images of Peloponnisos in olympic postcards:
- The port of Katakolo
- The islet of Monembasia
- View of Gythio town
- View of the city of Patras and the Cathedral Church of Saint Andrew, the city’s patron saint.
- Lakonia, The fortress houses at Vathia
- Argolid, The classical theatre of Epidaurus
- Argolid, Panoramic view of the town of Nafplion, with the lake fort, Bourtzi.
- Argolid, The Lion Gate to the acropolis at Mycenae
- Corinth district, The temple of Apollo at the archaeological site of Ancient Corinth.
- The ancient stadium at Olympia
- Messenia, View of the town of Methoni and its medieval castle.
- Corinth district, The Isthmus of Corinth