12pcs Authentic Olympic Postcards
Images of Crete Island – Series H
The 2004 Summer Olympic Games, officially known as the Games of the XXVIII Olympiad and commonly known as Athens 2004, was a premier international multi-sport event held in Athens, Greece, from 13 to 29 August 2004 with the motto Welcome Home.
Images of Crete Island:
Crete lies in the eastern Mediterranean basin and is the fifth largest island (after Sicily, Sardinia, Cyprus and Corsica) in the Mediterranean. It has a total area of 8.335 square kilometers, including its nearby islands, and a total population of about 500.000. Administratively, Crete is one of the ten geographic regions of Greece. It is divided into four prefectures (nomoi), and they in turn into municipalities.
The four prefectures are:
- The prefecture of Chania, with Chania as its capital.
- The prefecture of Rethymno, with Rethymno as its capital.
- The prefecture of Heraklion, with Heraklion as its capital.
- The prefecture of Lasithi, with Saint Nikolas as its capital.
The package includes 12 Images of Crete Island in olympic postcards:
- Chania, Elafonissi
- Bull-leaping from fresco in the east wing of the Knossos palace, 1500BC
- Knossos, Fresco with dolphins a favourite Minoan motif from the “Queen’s Megaron”
- Rethymnon, heading toward the Fortezza
- The port of Rethymnon
- Rethymnon, Kourtaliotiko Gorge
- Welcome Crete
- Lasithi, Vai beach
- Lasithi, Saint Nikolas
- Chania, The Samaria Gorge
- The port of Chania
- The Port of Heraklion with its impressive two-storey fortres (Koules)