12pcs Authentic Olympic Postcards
Images of Acropolis – Series G
The 2004 Summer Olympic Games, officially known as the Games of the XXVIII Olympiad and commonly known as Athens 2004, was a premier international multi-sport event held in Athens, Greece, from 13 to 29 August 2004 with the motto Welcome Home.
Images of Acropolis:
The Acropolis is located in the centre of the Attic basin, around 156m above sea level. Its good geographical position meant that it was occupied from as early as the prehistoric period.
The archaeological monuments that everyone can admire today date mainly to the classical period. The greatest of these are the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the temple of Winged Nike, the theatre of Dionysus and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, built in AD 161 by the leading Athenian Herodes Atticus in honour of his wife Regilla.
An interesting Archaeological Museum is also situated on the Acropolis, with exhibits coming exclusively from the Acropolis itself.
The package includes 12 Images of Acropolis in olympic postcards:
- The Parthenon
- Odeion of Herodes Atticus
- The Acropolis by night
- Theatre of Dionysos
- The Propylaia
- General view from the archaeological site of Acropolis from Philoppapos Hill
- Pediment from the Acropolis that depicts Heracles with the Lernaian Hydra (Acropolis Museum)
- The Acopolis rock (view from the Columns of Olympian Zeus)
- The temple of the Wingless Nike
- Acropolis, general view (from the acnient agora)
- “Mourning Athena” c. 400 BC (Acropolis Museum, room 6)